You might wonder what a professional conference and lacy lingerie have to do with one another, but at a recent sexuality conference the importance of underwear you love was scientifically proven!
At the 2011 American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists conference, Dr. Cindy Meston of the University of Texas at Austin announced that she and her team have begun to identify categories of reasons men and women choose to not have sex. Some of my favorite categories were animals (“the dogs were staring”) and lingerie/underwear (“too tattered”). This immediately reminded me of my favorite lingerie, Hanky Panky—and “chairman of the board” Henree!
Dr. Meston is well known for her research on why humans (women and men) have sex. She has published numerous scholarly journal articles with her findings and has published a book titled Why Women Have Sex. Dr. Meston and her team identified four categories of reasons both men and women gave for choosing to have sex—Physical, Goal Attainment, Emotional, and Insecurity.
The next time you think about your lingerie when deciding to have sex, look to Hanky Panky. Women—and men—deserve great underwear. And if underwear is going to prevent people from having great sex, this could be an easy situation to remedy!
Some ideas for how to wear sexy lingerie at the right time:
1. Wear some Hanky Panky all the time!
2. Make sure to wear a pair when you’re feeling in the mood
3. Wear a pair to work
4. Wear a pair to bed
5. Always be comfortable in your pair!
6. Let your partner sneak a peek
7. Wear a pair with ‘missing pieces’
8. Know that you are sexy with or without your pair!
9. Wear a pair in your favorite color
10. After you’ve figured out the right lingerie, remember to use protection against STDs.